Location: Milwaukee, WI
Duration: 12+ months
Looking for a Mainframe Systems Programmer (NOT DEVELOPER), an expert in CICS and MQ Series.
Experience with z/OS related complex problem analysis/resolution using structured troubleshooting
• Provides CICS administration, operational support and problem resolution for large systems.
• Implements CICS and 3rd party-related software upgrades, maintenance, and customization.
• Monitors CICS system performance and capacity; reports changes in usage.
• Documents standards and operating procedures for a large based system and acts as a technical resource to the IT staff and systems users
• Consults on complex technical issues
• Solid z/OS foundation and knowledge of CICS architecture and interfaces
• Administer the CICS regions according to application requirements (create new objects: transactions, tclass, programs)
• Control and investigate MQ CPU, queues, space usage
• Deliver and analyze SMF statistics
• Define MQ objects (channels, queues, aliases, etc.)
• Maintain and adapt according to application growth (eg. new page sets, etc.)
• Expertise in CICS, MQSeries, Connect Direct, VPS/DRS, ZSecure and the ASG TMON suite of products
• Experienced in the installation (using SMP/e), maintenance and tuning of CICS, MQSeries, Connect Direct, VPS/DRS, ZSecure and the ASG TMON suite of products as well as another mainframe common software and utilities
• Installation, maintenance, and tuning of mainframe software including CICS, MQSeries, Connect Direct, VPS/DRS, ZSecure, NCP, VTAM and the ASG TMON suite of products
• Strong working knowledge of the mainframe environment, including proficiency and skill in z/OS, TSO/ISPF, JCL, COBOL, CICS, VSAM, REXX
• Experienced in the use of SMP/e, RACF and mainframe utilities
• Handling IPL procedures
Thanks & Regards,
Global Nest LLC
281 State Route 79, Suite 208
Morganville, NJ 07751
Phone # (732) 333-5933
Please don't print this Email unless you really need to - this will preserve trees on planet earth.